23 Mar Bus > Modified Service
Starting on Wednesday, March 25, CATS will make modifications to transit service to accommodate the current demand. By operating modified service, CATS is able to continue providing the community access to essential daily needs, front-line jobs and medical services.
All service will be FREE during this time. These changes are effective until further notice.
LYNX Blue Line:
- The LYNX Blue Line will operate on a Sunday schedule.
- Local bus service will operate as follows:
- Monday – Saturday buses will run a Saturday schedule
- On Sunday buses will run a Sunday schedule
Routes 42 Carowinds and 50 URP/CIC Shuttle
There is no weekend service on routes 42 and 50.
Express and Regional Express:
- Limited Express/Regional Express service.
- Express Routes 41X, 61X, 65X, 88X will not operate. Customers are advised to use local routes during this time.
Special Transportation Service:
- Service will operate for life essential trips only.
Route 290 Davidson Shuttle will not operate during this time.
Sales of ALL monthly passes have been suspended. If you’ve purchased an April monthly pass, please keep it, and CATS will exchange it for another pass at a future date.
To help protect our employees and yourself, we ask that you limit your contact with our operators and exit via the back door of the vehicle. Remember social distancing while riding with your fellow passengers and continue with good hygiene, especially washing your hands.
Daily cleaning and sanitization occur on all CATS vehicles. This includes the handrails, poles, the operator’s area, floors, seats, and interior panels. We have implemented contamination protocol on all vehicles and increased our disinfecting efforts. This includes cleaning surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants and a disinfectant fogger on light rail vehicles. CATS Facilities are cleaned and disinfected thoroughly on a daily basis.